Saturday, January 2, 2010

End of the party...

We have come to the end of the Holiday Celebrations. Jimmy is on his way to Provo and I am staying at the Coopriders' until tomorrow. Then it is on to DC for me, and start of classes for Jimmy. So here is the low-down for this semester.

Jimmy is taking 4 classes, 2 of which he needs to take to graduate. Yes, Jimmy graduates at the end of this semester. He has heard from one law school and this semester he will hear from the rest. From that bunch we will choose one! And with that decision, life decisions will ensue. Housing, traveling, etc..

For me, this semester includes 1 class, and LOTS of research. Just a few days ago I found out from my advisor that we got research funding so that I don't have to TA. It was welcome news, even though I don't mind TAing astronomy courses. This last semester I hardly had time to read scientific papers. Now I will have lots of time to write and well....research! After this semester I should have two terms of research and then I graduate in August. It is ridiculous how fast my graduate work has gone.

Other than our academic lives we plan to do some snowshoeing and possibly start up an intermural soccer team. Oh yes, and we are running the Ragner Relay. 200+ miles of pure running frenzy. Hooray for new adventures and new excitement!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the information. Hope you made it to the airport today and had a good trip... saw on Nathan's face book that his church was canceled. Neat blog.

    ReplyDelete