Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ramble, ramble, ramble

I feel like these days I do more rambling than updating. I mean, did you really need to know about my cucumber sandwich? At that moment I thought so.

Today is Tuesday. I seem to use Tuesday as my venting day. Hopefully I don't come across as angry or bitter. Most of the time I think I am pretty happy, but long days at work seem to bring out the frustration in me.

So here goes. This is the last week that students can retake the first two exams. And by the way, they are taking for the first time, their third. It is almost humorous to see students come in at the last minute and say, "whoops, I probably should have retaken chapter 1 months ago, and whoops, I still need to retake chapter 2. Do you have time for me this week?" I am not a confrontational person so I shake my head in dismay and say "come during my office hours, and we will see what we can do..." Do you think I should be more harsh? Should I holler and yell, and tell them how irresponsible it is of them to wait until the very last minute? I just don't know what would be more effective. I am not a very big person, 5 feet 3 inches, and I probably look like I am 18 years old. Do you think they would believe me? Anyways...I am not really angry about the whole situation, just puzzled at how I should handle it.

My second ramble goes out to insurance companies, and this is more of an angry ramble. Jimmy and I signed up for health insurance in August. We paid a handsome fee, although i am not an expert on good or bad prices when it come to health insurance. And we have been calling them for the last month,( yes, 1-2 months after I saw the money taken out of our account), about getting some sort of confirmation, a policy number, documentation, etc... It has been pretty frustrating. Needless to say, I am not super impressed. Supposedly our cards went out last week. I will check the mail when I get home...I hope it is there. Don't you think once they took our money that they would be forced to give us some sort of confirmation, even through the phone? You would think....thankfully day by day Jimmy is becoming more and more knowledgeable about the law and how we can make sure that we are not being scammed.

As I become more and more familiar with so-called "real-life" I become more and more confused. But thankfully, and this will be my last ramble, I have a husband, who is seemingly good at calming me down after I have exploded about another stressful thing in life. I used to get kind of annoyed when he would say "it will all work out." In fact, because I am so easily stressed, I would think to myself "how can he say that it will work out, when he has no clue about the future?" Little did I know that stepping back, breathing deeply, and letting myself realize that life will work out really does help in the process of, well, life working out. Stress does not usually help things work out. In my case it never does, because I become so emotionally absorbed in the problem that I can't see the solution.

Ramble, ramble, ramble.....

2 comments: