Sunday, October 21, 2012

sickness, sadness and sorry

Today in Church, while Lucy was squirming, I pulled out our camera so she could look at some pictures of herself. Yes, she likes to look at herself. Next thing I know, the camera screen is blue and all of the pictures on the camera were erased. I was a little sad. Mostly because I took some video of her going down a slide all by herself, and now I don't have it anymore. I guess is it mostly my fault. Kids are too good with buttons, I say!

But other than that we have all been a little sick. Lucy and I went home after the first hour of church and slept. And slept. It was heavenly! Sometimes a nap is all you need to feel a little more with it. Then we woke up a little after Jimmy got home, and while he napped, we played in the living room.

 Lucy is becoming very verbal these days. She has always been very verbal, but we are beginning to understand more of what she is saying. Today she learned how to say "sorry!" No, she doesn't know what it means, but if you tell her to say sorry after she does something wrong, she will casually say "sorry," and then walk away. It is pretty cute. She can also say and sign "please" and makes some noises that kind of sound like "thank you."  She also says "away" when we are putting toys or clothes away and helps, to the best of her abilities, to put things in the correct drawer or bin. It is quite amusing. I must say I quite impressed with her ability to pick up words and signs these days.

Even though I am appreciating her ability to use more words I still think my favorite thing that she does is when he will stick out her chin, scrunch her eyes and tell us very important things in her babbling Lucy language. It always seems so important. I can't wait for the day when I can response more adequately. She is probably very annoyed that we never seem to know the right answer. My my she is a funny little girl!

1 comment:

  1. Please remember to tell me when you actually ask Lucy to be qiet - we tried to get them to talk and then.... Actually, she is an amazing little girl.

    ReplyDelete