Sunday, January 13, 2013

New Year

You know how everyone is looking at those old goals they had for 2012....well I am going to do this too. Sorry, you don't have to feel inclined to read any of this. I will write a post about our lives after I get through this one. I feel like part of setting goals is reporting, so here goes:

This was my list from last year:
  1. Learn and practice sign language with Lucy -- Check!
  2. Run a half marathon within the first 6 months of the year -- I ran two! Check!
  3. Continue monthly Temple attendance -- we tried, we really did!
  4. Study the scriptures with the intention of understanding the stories (so I can explain them to Lucy) -- Still working on this
  5. Make a baby quilt for Lucy (a really pretty one!) -- Check!
  6. Go camping/hiking several times this year (I want to enjoy the AT!) -- We did alright
  7. Have a date night at least 1 a month -- We did pretty well!
  8. Try 12 new foods (1 each month) -- I forgot about this one!
  9. Make family dinners important and routine -- It's now a habit
  10. Blog frequently--and try to tell stories about the day. -- okay....

I must say, I actually feel okay about where we got this year. I thought I was going to be seriously disappointed, since the year before most of my goals were thwarted by taking care of a baby. Life happens.

This year, for our Family Home Evening last Monday we made some goals. I made mine really simple this year. This year is going to be crazy enough, and some things are just going to happen. Jimmy graduating, taking the bar, and getting a job. I will have a baby.

So my goals are simply:

1. Collect recipes into binder
2. Read scriptures daily
3. Exercise regularly

Here's to another year!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on achieving so many (if not all) of your goals for '12. I like the goals for '13 you set too. Glad you are goal orientated.

    ReplyDelete