Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Blessing

After the week of weeks we decided while there were still a few relatives still in town that we would bless dear Samuel. Too bad I didn't get any pictures from the day. I am sorry....

Here is a picture with the blanket that we blessed him in. It is the same one we used for Lucy. His outfit was dirty before church was through. He has a bit of reflux so most of his clothes don't make it through the day without some spit up. 



But the blessing was beautiful despite the fact that Sam wailed during the whole thing. There were two other babies being blessed as well. Sam was the loudest. It was quite memorable. Apparently Jimmy almost burst out laughing while he was doing the blessing. Sam stared right into his eyes and screamed. It was like he was saying "daddy return me to my mommy! Right now!" And as soon as he finished the blessing Jimmy did just that, and Sam calmed right down. Did I mention how much of a mommy's boy Sam is? It is nice most of the time, but when I need to shower or go to the bathroom Sam doesn't like it one bit. He will learn that there are many people who love him. 

We are enjoying a week of mostly nothing to do. Well, I say that, but Jimmy is working on cover letters and job applications. And we are going up to Nelson to spend some time with my family. We haven't seen them a lot this summer. 

Here is a picture of Sam in the moby wrap. I tried it with him facing out today because that is how Lucy preferred it. He likes to face inwards and snuggle right up to me instead. Amazing how different children can be. 



He looks a little uncomfortable....too bad when I turned him around he was asleep in 2.5 seconds. 

1 comment:

  1. I think Sam likes being close to you. Thanks for making our visit special. Dean was pleased to be included in the circle. Thank you both. We had a good visit at Bear Lake. You are a great Mother and was/is a great help to Karen. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete