Sunday, June 21, 2015

Daddy day!

Happy Fathers day! Here is the father of my children. Isn't he the coolest?! Especially because it was taken when we ran the Ragnar together. Did I mention we ran a Ragnar together? Probably not, I am so behind. So in honor of fathers day, I am going to catch up bit with some pictures...hopefully with some dads.
 
 

Back in May, the early part Jimmy and I participated in a 200 mile team relay down along the Cape. I ran close to 21 miles and Jimmy somewhere around 11 miles. We were in a van with some friends and my brother Poul. It was fun and not super stressful. We used our van and my brother who is the most competent driver out there drove a good deal of the time, especially when the traffic was a little overwhelming.  So here are some pictures from that adventure.







At the end of the race of the race in Provincetown we climbed the large tower. Inside the stairwell where several of the names of town in MA. Poul and Jimmy joined me as we hiked to the top.



Here is the finish from way up high!





And on to other aspects of our lives.  We did a spring share at our local farm for the April and May months. Basically we got to go to the farm and pick from their greenhouses that were filled with all sorts of greens. We always take time to play with the tractors outside and say hello to the chickens, goats and pigs. Now we are starting the main share, with all manner of veggies. And our garden is actually doing something productive. Hooray summer abundance!






Lucy is also taking her bike for rides outside rather than just in the basement. She is one of the most cautious bike riders I have ever seen. But I am grateful she doesn't just zoom away and shows some patience in this sport.




Recently Jimmy took Lucy on a Daddy-Daughter camping trip. It was an activity the branch doesn't sponsor, but definitely puts on the calendar. A good group went and Lucy had a great time playing with all the older girls. I will have to get some more pictures from Jimmy, but here is prep hair and some cooking they did while there.



Just last week we went strawberry picking at a local farm. The strawberries were not huge, but we got a few pounds. Lucy had to go potty right as we got out to the field so we made quick work of the picking, and then ran back towards the restrooms. The farm also has a great sandbox and playground. We took advantage of that as well!






Lastly, life around here the over the weekend has been pretty low key. We did go to a graduation party for two of Jimmy's cousins yesterday. But that was after what happened below. Sam decided at around 9:30 am that it was naptime again. He wrapped himself in a blanket on the couch, turned sideways and feel asleep. We were all talking and playing around him, but he was out for 2+ hours. Needless to say he didn't nap in the afternoon, but in general he still had a pretty good day.

 
I have a lot more pictures and updates on my other device, so sometime soon I will have to do another update. But at least I have some of May on here.
 
Someday I will become an effective blogger again -- but until then Happy Fathers Day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Kirstin, love your blog. It makes me feel as though I know what is going on in your beautiful family. Also, keep on running - you enjoy it so much.

    ReplyDelete