Monday, June 27, 2011

5 generations

The Schillemats had a family get-together this weekend to celebrate my great grandmother's 100th birthday. The secret to my grandmother's longeavity? I think she would tell you that it was because she danced. She says she used to listen to music when she was a little girl out in the countryside and dance with her sister. She is quite a character, and quite an amazing woman. I am glad that Lucy knows her.

5 generations of "Schillemat" women

We also finally purchased a stroller, which Lucy seems to like. We have the rest of the summer to figure out how we are going to get all of this stuff back to Virginia. Lucy has accumulated quite a bit of gear in the last month.

Today I took Lucy to the doctors for her 1 month appointment. Before I tell you her stats, I would like to say how nice it was that she was in a good mood this morning. It was the first time just Lucy and I went out, and it went very well. I realize this will not always be the case, but it was thoughtful of her to help me transition into motherhood without a major meltdown. I felt so good about driving with her that we stopped at the store on the way home.

But onto the appointment. Lucy is now 9 lbs 12 oz, 22 inches long, and very healthy. This last week she had some rough patches with gas, but after talking to the doctor about some gas drops, I think we will be able to help her feel better. We are learning....








No comments:

Post a Comment