Wednesday, October 12, 2011

'Tis the season of the scary...

I don't think I am a huge Halloween kind of person, but I do love me a good craft once and a while. And I am pretty excited up dressing Lucy up, so maybe Halloween will be more fun this year.

Yesterday Jimmy and I had some friends and the missionaries over for family home evening. We decorated graham cracker haunted houses, had a little spiritual thought, and ate chocolate truffle (they were supposed to be whoopie pies...epic fail!).

We had a fantastic time realizing our amazing abilities to construct graham cracker buildings. And we then we talked about the importance of scriptures and families, and all the wonderfulness of the Gospel. Side note, crumbly whoopie pies and homemade chocolate pudding with bananas and cream cheese frosting is surprisingly tasty.


 Pretty scary huh?

I learned a few lessons from this experience. 1. 2 egg whites and confectionery sugar makes the BEST glue frosting. 2. People love playing with candy. 3. Toostie rolls are good for sculpting, but it has a tendency of melting. 4. Ending a school break is always better with an a good night with firends

So happy halloween, or happy fall! Either way I LOVE this weather....

No comments:

Post a Comment