Saturday, November 12, 2011

we've crossed the threshold

I guess when I think something enough it is bound to come true.

Yesterday morning Lucy woke up around 6:30am and I reluctantly went to get her up. Her night sleeping habits are so difficult these days. She wakes up at least once, but it is normally 2 or 3 times a night. I used to think that maybe she was still hungry. But lately, if we let her whine for a few minutes or if we go in and turn on her music she will plop her thumb in her mouth and doze off to sleep again.

Well, my friends, after wondering if teething was not the reason for her complex sleeping habits, Lucy decided it was time to give us some evidence as to why she was so restless. She broke her first tooth yesterday. It is her bottom left front tooth and it is razor sharp. I mentioned in my last post that she likes to eat our faces, I mean really gnaw on our cheeks. Needless to say that is not a safe activity anymore. I am afraid I may be missing pieces of my face if I let her near my face, now that she has some new hardware.

And now we begin a new chapter of Lucy -- biting, but with severe consequences (for me mostly..). I am afraid she will be very good at it, seeing as how, even her toothless mouth sometimes hurt significantly. We will have to work on it...

But at least I feel like talking about her teething wasn't lying or something that seemed like an excuse for my non-compliant sleeper. We love her, and hope that breaking this first one will help ease her back into a good sleeping schedule. But goodness gracious, who really knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment