Saturday, June 30, 2012

Pictures from the past and present and summer

I have really wanted to put some pictures of the garden on the blog. Mostly so you know that I am actually growing a garden and not making things up. Here are some pictures of my pretty little plants. This was last week, they are much bigger now.
Spinach

Basil

Bush beans

Watermelon

I also want to show you a picture of Lucy and me at the Swamp Bats game. Lucy is getting so big. I feel like she is half of me now (except she is not..not even close!). Jimmy was there because they were advertising for his work, we were there to enjoy some baseball and spend time with him. It was a very nice night. 




You may have noticed in the last post her sad looking face. Sad because she got Impetygo a bacterial infection, that I am told comes either from hanging around other kids, or eating dirt. Since it has been mostly Lucy and me at home, and we do dabble in the garden quite frequently I think I will go with the later explanation of how she contracted this infection. Though her face looked quite terrible, her spirits were high.
Would you like some proof of Lucy's dirt eating habits? No problem, she isn't shy about her addiction. Needless to say she will stay away from the garden for a few days.






Summer has been so nice these last few days. It was forecasted to be in the 90s today and yesterday. Thankfully Nelson has a fabulous wind, and I feel like we lucked out and enjoyed lovely weather. And of course we went swimming a few times, which keeps Lucy happy and cool.

Lastly, I signed up for another half marathon. It is on a trail in September. I am really excited and nervous. Training starts on Monday. And get this, Jimmy is going to do a 5 mile race the same day. He got some new running shoes, and kind, sweet man that he is, decided he would like to run with me a couple days a week. That is love my friends. 

1 comment:

  1. Her face is much improved. Neat and nice pictures. Garden is looking nice too. It is and will be a fun summer. You are always so up-beat.

    ReplyDelete