Sunday, August 12, 2012

Back to the grind

I wish I could say that in the last two weeks I have been doing a lot of productive things, but that would be a lie. I watched the Olympics far too much. I couldn't help it. I did make pickles the other day...yeah me!

And now Lucy, Jimmy and I are going back to Virginia tomorrow. Yes, that is right, the summer is over for us. Tomorrow we journey to the southern regions for another year of law school and teaching.

I am teaching 4, count 'em for 4 classes, 1 of which I was offered two weeks ago. It was an astronomy class. I couldn't resist. And turns out it is the same day as my other classes, so all it really entails is a little more prep, not anymore childcare. Thank goodness for awesome graduate school friends who have taught astronomy classes before. They are my lifesavers.

Jimmy has a full semester, but not so full that our schedules totally collide. It looks like Lucy will only need a babysitter 3 days a week. He is interning at another mediation office and taking seminar based classes. It is a lot more like a clinic based year, much more Jimmy's style.

Lucy is a totally different baby from when we left to come up the New England. She walks and talks and gets into everything. I am excited for her to see some of her Lexington friends again.

So we get back tomorrow, and we have about 2 weeks before the full crazy schedule begins. Until then we will be finalizing a babysitter, participating in new faculty orientations, preparing for teaching classes, getting new phones, unpacking our apartment again, and trying to settle back into our "normal" life.

Bring it on!


Lucy April versus Lucy late July


No comments:

Post a Comment