Thursday, August 30, 2012

Time flies...

Well, those last two weeks kind of just whistled by. I didn't realize we would be at the point of craziness so fast. But in all honesty, we are doing just fine.

This week is THE week when we started everything. Monday Jimmy began Immersion week. Tuesday I taught at Dabney, and Wednesday I started teaching at VMI. And you know what? Even though I am teaching quite a bit more, it seems manageable. I may be hitting myself in a week, but I am going to give myself a little pat on the back for almost feeling put together.

I even have time to write this. It must not be that bad if I have time to write something.

VMI is an interesting place. I was warned at the orientation that classes are a little bit different. I suppose the biggest difference is the roll call they do at the beginning of each class, where I am saluted after I am told by the section leader who is absent. That is a little unfamiliar. Besides that, I really only notice the fact that I am called "mam" almost too frequently. I think they like to cover their bases when it comes to respect. Oh and the bells. I was totally unprepared to stop lecturing when the bell went off. I quickly hurried through and example and messed it up because I was flustered. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Jimmy is really enjoying Immersion. Basically he is preparing for a case from start to finish. Their deadlines are daily and they work together to put together all the necessary information and documents. It is fast paced, but Jimmy says it is doable. I think he likes it because their is no room to getting distracted and it is applicable to what he will be doing in the near future (hooray!). Two weeks of Immersion and then he starts his externship and takes a few seminar based classes.

Lucy really loves her babysitter (and ALL her kids!). She lives just down the street from us, in a beautiful house with a lovely garden and yard. She loves all the kids because they read to her and pull her around in a little red wagon. Awesome, right?! I am glad it is such a good place for her.


And that is life, as current as I can be. 

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog. You guys are amazing! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete