Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A little this and that

My children are funny. I am glad that they are so cute because sometimes they just baffle me with their ridiculousness.

Lucy for instance, believes that pooping in her pants is okay because as she puts it "mommy will clean me up!" She has no problem peeing in the potty, and will now tell us when she needs to go the bathroom, but number 2 has only actually made it into the potty and not pants a few times. Today was one of those days. Jimmy promised her a Popsicle and bacon. Oh, she was living it up. Some days I am tempted to offer her our savings just so I don't have to clean up her dirty panties. But we making progress and that is what is important.

She is also very excited about Disney world and going "on a boat." She will ramble on for minutes about going on a plane and then getting on a boat and swimming and, and, and... They only one who seems to have the attention span to listen to her is Sam. He just smiles and stares at her. Warms my heart to see them bonding.

Sam, well Sam is adorable and he is quite a good napper. He takes a really stellar 2 hour nap in the morning and then 2 other naps during the day. The night however is not so much fun. He wakes up at LEAST 3 times (between 8 pm and 6:30 am). Lately, one of those times he wakes up, wide-eyed and squirmy. It usually takes an hour to get him back sleep. I feel blessed he is doing a little better this week. Last week he had some days he woke up 5-6 times a night. That gave me only 1.5 hour sleep breaks. It was exhausting. I am exhausted. But he is cute, remember? It is so hard for me to angry at him. He really doesn't know any better.

But he is doing a lot of awesome things these days. I already mentioned his rolling over tricks but he is also getting somewhat close to sitting without support. He is also becoming grabby. I can't hold him while I am eating and assume that he won't lunge towards the table. Just a little while longer before he will be eating solids and no plate of food will be safe.

Got to love cute kids, even if they drive you a little nuts.





Lucy, you are saying "cheese!" too loud!

1 comment:

  1. Neat -- the two sure do not look much alike... maybe more when Sam is up and moving around. Thanks

    ReplyDelete