Sunday, January 19, 2014

Disney Part II

And so it continues...

We woke up at 5 am the next day. Sam decided that 5 am was his new wake-up time, at least for the trip that is. Jimmy just reminded me that Lucy was actually in the room with his parents that night. They went to watch a show and then he dropped her off.  Either way, Sam was up early and Lucy was not. After trying to nurse him back to sleep, I gave up and we decided to start the day. We got Lucy a little while later, got all dressed and then headed up for some food.

It was delightful. We sat outside and watched as the boat moving slowly along until it docked in Nassua. Jimmy raved about the Cabanas to everyone. And it was really good. I was able to get oatmeal and he could get bacon. Win-win I say. After breakfast we got ready to head to shore for the Atlantis resort tour. Somewhere in there we saw Ariel, Tiana, Belle and Snow White. It was nice, they were all in one place.

Then we were off to Nassau. It was a good trip, mostly because we saw a lot of fish, and sharks (which technically are fish). We went with Nathan the girls and Joe. Poor Heather was under the weather, so she stayed behind. The bus ride to the resort was less than uplifting. The bus driver kept telling us about all the run down places in town. It made me chuckle.

The Atlantis resort was beautiful, with some pretty amazing sculptures and a really awesome underground aquarium. Not to mention it was actually a very delightful day outside as well. Side note: I did a terrible job planning our daily wardrobes. On the days it was cold we were wearing tee-shirts and on the days it is hot I dressed Sam in his fleece jumper. I kind of did that on this particular day. I was super warm. Anyways. I will let the pictures do most of the talking for this part of the trip.

We made it back to the boat early afternoon, and took some much needed naps. Jimmy went back to shore to pick up some free jewelry that he heard about the day before. He came back with necklace.  It was pretty and simple, which describes the jewelry I wear.

And soon after this it was dinner. This night was at the Animator's palate and it was my favorite. This restaurant had screens with Nemo characters coming in and out to talk to you. It was a lot of fun to interact with the characters. Plus the food was also quite yummy. Did I mention that I ate lots of vegetarian food while I was on the cruise. I figured if I wanted to eat good vegetarian food it would be on a cruise. And it was delightful. I also tried escargot, per Jimmy's request. It was not my favorite.But I tried it.

This was night that Lucy started to react pretty extremely to pottys. Jimmy took her to the potty during this meal and she freaked out. And when I say freaked out, I mean screaming bloody murder, sounds like Jimmy was beating her, freaked out. Staff waited outside the bathroom to make sure Lucy was okay it was so bad. To be fair the toilets on the cruise were a little intimidating.

After dinner we went up to a little pirate party they had on the top deck. It was mostly music and dancing and it actually had some technical difficulties half way through. We then went back to our room and decided to watch the show on TV instead of go to the theater to see it. These are broadway style shows, but we couldn't merit staying up super late with Lucy again. The TV idea was not great. Lucy wanted to see it, but she also wanted to stand up and play and talk about. Sam slept through it, but it totally put Jimmy and I in bad moods. We sent her off to her grandparents room. She was so wound up that she played with flowers in grandma and grandpa's room and made some messes too. She didn't go to bed until 11 pm or so.

The next day we woke up early again, and went to pick up Lucy around 7 am. Her grandparents still wanted to sleep (don't blame them) and we took her to breakfast. This was the day we stopped in Castaway Cay a Disney owned island. Let me say now, this was probably the most amazing day of the cruise.

We were the first ones from our family to get off the ship. We found a nice spot sun bathe and we headed off to swim and relax. It was a beautiful day. Lucy swam and later that day I saw a turtle while Jimmy and I went snorkling. We also had a fabulous lunch, and even found fruit stands where all the had was sliced fruit. It was pretty heavenly. After lunch we found out that the strollers on the island were up for grabs, so we stuck our children in them and went for a walk. They both fell asleep. This bode well for the Disney world stuff since we decided we were going to buy strollers for those days.

Lucy was so in the spirit that she randomly started dancing to the island music. It was awesome. She always was a little more wiggly because by this time she had pretty much stopped using the potty. Jimmy tried on the island, and she freaked out once more.

When we got back to the ship we changed and headed to the main deck so that we could meet with some of the characters. I think this is when we met Aladdin and Goofy. Lucy was very talkative. She would tell them all about her day. We got some pretty awesome videos, I hope blogger will let me upload them. While Lucy met characters I worked on getting Sam to sleep. He was a lot more fun at dinner meals if he slept through part of it.

This last night we went to the Enchanted garden. It was good, like all other food. This night we thought we would bite the bullet and let Lucy stay up again. I hadn't seen any of the shows live and Lucy might not go to bed early anyways. So we say a nice little show called "Believe." Sam slept through most of it, and Lucy fell asleep on the way back. Our lovely room staff was so nice. The lady called me "miss Kirstin" every time she saw us. And they left us the most beautiful towel animals. This night was no different, but we were all so tired I hardly noticed.

The next day we got up early, went to breakfast at the restaurant we ate at the night before and then got off the ship. It was sad, but we were off for our next adventure, Disney World. I think I will end there. Disney World it an entirely different beast.


































Sorry, the pictures are somewhat out of order. But at least they are there.

Oh and so I don't forget, someday soon I would like to record the moment Lucy put Daddy in timeout. It was priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment