Monday, January 27, 2014

Sam Sam

I just haven't really gotten back into writing about Disney. Sam has been pretty high maintenance as of late, and my brain is not ready to organize all the events of the Disney World days. So I am going to talk about Sam. He is awfully cute, that is for sure. But he is also a handful as of late. He has always been kind of dependent, like most babies are, but recently he has been really clingy and not sleeping very well. Like up all night, sort of not sleeping well.

With his reasons of course. About a week and half ago he cut his first tooth! Thank goodness. We thought that would help with his not-so-regular sleeping habits. And it did, for  few days, but then he got a cold. It was kind of going around the house. Poor little guy had a cough and a runny nose. It actually wiped him out a bit and he slept pretty well. But then he didn't. The last few nights have been miserable. He tosses and turns and just seems uncomfortable. He has also been awfully constipated. Like shaking and crying when he is trying to have a bowel movement. It probably didn't help the night sleeping. After two nights of no sleep we decided to take him to the doctor. And the verdict was ear infections. I was relieved. I hate not knowing how to help my children. And after sleepless nights I am pretty emotional, wondering if I have any idea what I am doing.






So here we are, hoping he will get better and consequently sleep a little better through the night. Lucy is a champ. After being up early, Sam and I went back to sleep around 7:30 am. I figured I would get Lucy up around 8, and ended up not waking up until 9 am. She was still in bed, wide awake, very chipper. I love her.

In the most recent turn of events,  Sam started to army crawl tonight. He did it during our Family Home Evening. It was impressive. I just can't imagine what he will do when he is 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment