Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Some busy times

School is hard....but it is not like I didn't expect school to be easy. However I realized this week that if I am efficient in my school work, I don't have many moments to do trivial things. But to argue a point, if I don't do trivial/relaxing things, I might go insane and my schoolwork many exponentially decline in quality. It is a toss up. This week has been difficult because I have been juggling schoolwork with schoolwork, trying to figure out what is the most important. I have grading to do, which is important for the students and my employment, I have homework for one class, that takes a minimum of 10 hours a week, and another class that at least takes up time because I have to be IN class (my advisor teaches it). Plus, I am planning on going to a conference in Colorado, and there is an abstract due this week, as well as registration and other details that make life hectic, and I also I have a proposal and another abstract due next week. Phew...I am tired just thinking about it. So why am I ranting? I am tired, and I am thinking that I was pretty silly to complain when I didn't have much to do. Secondly, I am one of those people that likes to tell people what needs to get done so I feel more of an obligation to get it done.

Besides this needless desire to tell you all about my busy life, I am excited to see a bunch of Jimmy's family this weekend. His Mom, Sister-in-law, and nieces are coming today, and we will be spending some time with them this weekend. It is a little vacation from the norm, and mostly a good way to distract myself from school for a few hours.

So, that is that. I am busy, and I am tired, but I am enjoying new experiences and being in school! Believe me, even though I rant about all the little time I have, I am happy! Yes, I am strange....

2 comments:

  1. We had a really fun time with you guys! I think the girls will be talking about it for the next six months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved it too! Your daughters are fantastically entertaining! See you in December!!

    ReplyDelete