Saturday, May 29, 2010

26 candles

This last Thursday was my 26th birthday. I feel kind of old.....

*********See pictures and words below*********

Roland's brother Adrian had his birthday on the 15th. It was a joint celebration!

Zion's National Park

The group

The most exciting thing about my birthday was that I was able to spend it with several of my family members. Johanna was in town visiting and we(Gretch, Jo, Jimmy, and I--and Nick Carigan) went down to St. George to see Ange, Roland and Liam. It was a splendid trip. We were easily entertained by Liam, who can walk, yoodle like the best of them, and steal people's cell phones. We also went to Zion's national park and did two hikes, one to the Narrows, which was flooded and unhikable, and Angel's landing (we only hiked the concrete and safe parts!).

PLUS Jimmy gave me a wonderful scrapbook for my birthday. I asked him where he got all of his scrapbooking skill. He said that he picked up a book from the library "Scrapbooking for Dummies" but in the end used what he learned for watching his mom make them. I was very impressed! Let's just say in summary, I am very thankful for all the great family and friends who made this week wonderful. I am very grateful for you all!
****Nerd Note: I submitted 2, yes 2 radio observation proposals. Not only that but I did it four days ahead of time. Victory!!!!****

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a great birthday... sure nice to meet your sister... very nice family. Good pictures.

    ReplyDelete