Sunday, May 9, 2010

Chili


I haven't reported on our food lately. We haven't had too much to brag about until today!

First, we went to Costco this week and stocked up on eveything lovely. Produce, so we could dehydrate a lot, and the essentials for meal planning. Since then we have made some pretty yummy meals. Yesterday I tried making risotto. It was kind of a flop mostly because I have never made it before and didn't know what I was doing. But it was worth eating and Jimmy told me the flavor was really good, I just needed to improve upon it. Heather I would love to know your secret. According to your blog your risotto sound delicious. I submit to having no risotto talent.

Today we made chili and I am proud of it. It looks good and the flavor seems authentic. Thank you Racheal Ray. You do have a good basic recipe that is easy to build upon. We took the "chili for veg-heads", and added meat (we are far for vegetarians) and corn. Who doesn't like chili with corn?! It has the kick for the "wow-factor" and the substance for nutritional value. It is nice to know that I can cook things well once and a while.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great... there are as many good chili recipes as there are cooks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. RIsotto! Mine is definitely an insult to Italy, but it does taste good. I'll Recipe Wednesday it for you.

    ReplyDelete