Friday, July 9, 2010

Allowing sappiness

Today I am allowing myself to write a little bit about the great things in my life, the blessings, the triumphs and the exciting life that I lead....

Jimmy and I are preparing for a very big journey across the U.S. of A and well, it can be slightly overwhelming at times. But these last few weeks we have made some giant leaps and bounds in this process, such that I feel the need to talk about them as blessings and miracles in my blog.

#1. My thesis! It is almost done. I am currently awaiting a signature or two, but potentially I will have EVERYTHING submitted by noon today. Excited?! You bet I am!

#2. We got new phones. Did you know that Costco is a heavenly store? Okay, tiny exaggeration, but seriously. We were able to upgrade my phone for $0 and get Jimmy a nice touch screen phone for $20. Our only hitch--making sure the plan stuff gets all figured out....

#3 We found and APARTMENT. I will relate the entire story, just because I am so excited about it. Jimmy now has a Washington and Lee e-mail account and apparently they send out e-mails everyday relating to all the students apartments, and furniture for sale. Yesterday Jimmy received an e-mail with a few apartments one of which seemed to be too perfect. Washer/dryer, sewer, water, trash, and wireless included, backyard, etc...for a very inexpensive price. We thought, what is wrong with this place? How could they be asking for so little? So Jimmy sent an e-mail to the seller and later that night I called. I had a very pleasant conversation and found out that we would be renting the basement of a house. It was in good shape and we would get pictures later that night. And we did, and we liked it, and so we said we would take it. The seller e-mailed us back and said because we called AND e-mailed she was happy to give it to us. Can you say, AMAZING? Okay, so granted this is not a ritzy, over-the-top place, but who has the money to live in those kind of places during Law school anyways? Basically for our minimalistic living style, it is GREAT (Jimmy told me I used exclamation marks too often, so I have decided to use capitalization for emphasis instead...)

So, sappily speaking, (yes I just invented a new word), I am feeling very blessed. Maybe I should write down my miracles/blessings more often. It really does put me in a good mood :)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on both the apartment and the theis. Looks like things are working out well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to hear more about these new phones. Heather and I are looking for new phones. Possibly a new plan.

    ReplyDelete