Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Reupholstery project

Our friends Davis and Melanie are expecting a baby by the end of the month. We promised them our rocking chair, since we could not bring it with us and because we thought they needed it more than we did. Grandma Marie found this rocking chair, and I must say, it is very comfortable. The only drawback was its color. It had a rusty orange color upholstery.

I decided one night, laying in bed, that we would reupholster the chair and give it to our friends as a gift. No, I didn't know how to reupholster a chair, but I thought it would be a good project to tackle. This goal was made over a month ago, but it wasn't until this last Saturday that I decided to rip off the old material so that I wouldn't have any excuses. I had to to reupholster it. Without much more being said, here are some before and after pictures. Thank you Grandma Marie for the staple gun. It saved us a lot of time and stress!







2 comments:

  1. I posted yesterday but it is not there. Great job...material is beautiful and green. You guys are amazing.

    ReplyDelete