Monday, February 14, 2011

Becoming romantic

My relationship journey has not left me as a truly romantic person. I try to do things that are nice for my husband, but I don't always feel like I am being romantic. Jimmy on the otherhand really likes to be romantic. He is usually the one who thinks of breakfest in bed, or buying me chocolate, taking me out to nice resturants, you know the nice stuff like that.

This year I have realized more and more that me being romantic does not necessarily mean being spontaneous or over the top, but rather subtle and helpful. Case in point. Today I made Jimmy breakfast, I didn't make anything really too difficult, and I didn't bring it to him in bed. I made him something that he liked. Fried egg in toast with the middle taken out. He said it was wonderful!

Then I went and had lunch with him at the law school. While I waited for him, I organized his carrell a little bit. Then we ate a fairly simple lunch of leftovers and I gave him a chocolate. It was nice, it was simple, and dare I say it was romantic.

Tonight I am teaching a night class, so we won't be able to do anything super special. However, I am sure I am going to give Jimmy some extra hugs for being a great husband. I guess that is what life is all about. Taking time all the time to cherish simple moments whether they be wildly romantic or not.

By the way, it has been over two years since Jimmy proposed to me on the top of Y mountain. Just thinking about that day makes me feel more romantic!

2 comments:

  1. Take care of the little things and the big things will take care of themselves. You are amazing and I imagine very much appreciated by your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nathan loves fried eggs in toast! You're so nice to actually make it!

    ReplyDelete