Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday bills...

I really don't enjoy getting bills on Saturdays. Especially insurance/medical bills. And this is why: In my mind I have a running balance on what is going in and out of our bank account. I am very aware of the amount of money we are spending. When I get a bill on a Saturday, and it doesn't seem right (which is how most of our medical bills have been lately) I realize that I can't do anything about it until Monday between 9am and 5pm.

So in my compulsively obsessed mind I am trying to figure out what I need to do in order make this bill correct. It is awful. My mind cycles the same thoughts over and over again and usually it ends in me getting all anxious and sometimes overly emotional. I want so badly to talk to some customer service rep about how I think this bill is wrong, but I can't.

Does anyone else have this problem? This has really only been more of an issue since we've had more medical bills and we have had to deal with our new insurance company. Did I mention how ridiculous it is that insurance companies and medical providers don't seem to communicate in a timely manner? I always feel like I am getting bills for things that haven't gone through claims quite yet. When you are budgeting kind of person, you can't help but get a little anxious when you get a giant bill for something that your insurance should be paying at least part of.

Someday, just someday I don't think I will be such a frugal financial beast, but for now all I can do is wait for Monday and my next chance to talk to a customer service rep. Lucky them! Did I mention I am not exactly the best phone conversationalist? That is a topic for another day, and perhaps another rant that you may not feel up to reading right now.

3 comments:

  1. It's good that you keep track. My advice is to review your policy carefully so you know how much insurance should pay. Don't pay up until the insurance does! I paid too much and had to wait months and make tons of phone calls to get my refunds. The system really needs improvement! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on keeping track...above advise is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I just a had a run in with this exact problem. The medical provider said that I needed to pay a certain amount according to my policy, and so I did. Then my insurance said they hadn't even fully processed the claim! I think I paid more than I was supposed to because of this. Live and learn I guess. I just hope they realize how difficult it is to be the paying patient!

    ReplyDelete