Thursday, February 23, 2012

feeling feisty

Google Definition: feist·y/ˈfīstē/

Adjective:
  1. Having or showing exuberance and strong determination.
  2. Touchy and aggressive.

Yeah, that's about right.

Do you have days where you want to take on the world and all of its problems? I am feeling very aggressive today. Maybe it is the conversation I had with my insurance company today. They kind of make me want to restructure the entire health system. Or at least the insurance company organization. Betwixt crying and praying, I  was very angered by our insurance's companies ability to give me a straight and consistent answer to my question. I know I rant about this at least once or twice every month or so. It is probably the most frustrating part of my life. So I will stop. Nobody likes hearing about frustrating things...

I am also feeling quite relieved today, which doesn't fit into the definition of feisty. Oh well. Yesterday was the science fair I organize. I survived. Enough said. And the director of the Governor School is still insisting that we stay in Virginia forever, so I would say he was pleased with the outcome. Now I can breath a little more slowly, and enjoy some more Lucy time. Which brings me to the next topic.


Lucy is 9 months today! Yes, I am actually posting about her on the day that she turns another month old. Are you not so proud? Jimmy reminded me. Funny, I am really good at remember so many things, and Lucy age just totally takes me by surprise. Do they always grow this fast? It is incredible. We celebrated Lucy's 9 month mark by going for a 5 mile run, her in the stroller. She was awesome, and I made it quite manageably without dying. In fact the weather was so fantastic, that I almost felt like doing more but there was a tree in the way, so I had to turn around. We also ate Ben and Jerry's, well Jimmy and I ate Ben and Jerry's (it was free!) and Lucy played with all of her adoring fans at the Law School. Then Lucy and I had a play date outside with one of her church friends. Glorious Virginia weather! Can you believe we were driving in a snow storm on Sunday?

Now I am exhausted and apparently somewhat feisty. I don't know if I have ever thought I would use that word to describe myself. We all have our days...

1 comment:

  1. Health Insurance companies are the death of all of us..., even at my age - trying to change names, etc. has been terrible. Great pictures and congratulations on the science fair.

    ReplyDelete