Wednesday, May 9, 2012

We made it

In case you didn't know, we made it to NH. It was a week ago actually, that we made the 10+ hour drive to these northern parts. Lucy did really well, until the last 30 minutes of the trip when she decided enough is enough. I don't blame her. Over 5 hours in a car is too much for me.

We have been spending time with both families, enjoying the New England weather, which by the way has been kind of crummy. Rain and misty humidity. Guess I should get used to it. Still, it has been mild and nice. I shouldn't complain.

Lucy loves it here. She has become a fully functional walking baby. She realized that all the floors that she walks on here are much better padded than our apartment in VA. She can stand from the middle of the room without any help and make her way from couch to couch like a pro. She was even walking around on the grass at my brother's track meet today.

She has also found her best friend Bailey to be high entertaining.  Poor dog. Lucy assumes he is a jungle gym. This dog deserves to go to heaven for the abuse he has already endured. He is so docile that Lucy can stick her hands right up to his mouth and he doesn't snap or bite or anything. It only makes me nervous because I think Lucy will assume she can do that with all dogs. A lesson she will someday learn...

Besides that, Jimmy is really liking his job and I am trying to make a list of projects for the summer so I don't go crazy. Let's just say we may be spending A LOT of time hiking and playing outside. Assuming Lucy learns that she can't eat everything.

I am sure I will have a lot more to say in the next couple weeks. Until then, I hope this holds you over...

No comments:

Post a Comment