Wednesday, June 5, 2013

38

Websites really like to make you think that 37 is full term, but I am still on the 38 week bandwagon. With all the weird ways that you calculate your due date, I think 38 weeks makes the most sense. That's just what I think, and I don't think it really matters all the much. 

Needless to say, I am 38 weeks pregnant which is approximately equivalent to 9 + months pregnant. Yes, I am ready to birth and meet Mr. Coopito. Though, with the way Lucy has been acting as of late, I am a little frightened at the prospect of having two children. Good thing I have some amazing in-laws that will soften the blow for a little while. We will discuss Lucy a little bit later. 


People always ask me how this pregnancy has been different and for the most part I honestly don't remember a lot of how I felt when I was pregnant with Lucy. Jimmy will remind me of some of the aches and pains that I voiced, but I just don't remember exactly how much Lucy moved or how much my back ached (though I am sure it did). With this pregnancy I know that I have been lucky enough to avoid major swelling. The weather is reason for that. It was a very mild spring in both Virginia and here in MA. I LOVE it! In fact the cool mornings make it perfect for walk (an "adventure" as Lucy likes to call it!). It doesn't leave my feet ten sizes bigger for the rest of the days' activities. And my face, which I know is somewhat fuller, is not fully enhanced by water retention. It's the little things that keep me going...

Other than that, I am tired in the mornings because of the interrupted sleep, but I remedy that with a very nice nap in the afternoon while Lucy sleeps. We both really need that nap. I think overall this has been a pretty good pregnancy, though I do not consider myself someone who loves being pregnant. I must confess I would like to wear my shirts without them being very snug around my belly. I feel like I am re-adjusting something about my clothing. 

Lucy on the other hand has been quite the little hand full. I think she has embraced being two quite avidly by using the word "want" in almost every other sentence and paring it with "mine." And when she doesn't get things immediately she has mini melt-downs. I am not saying she has become an unhappy child, she is still very happy. We just get a little more independent/stubborn Lucy than we are used to, and it is difficult to match her energy especially when she is having a melt-down. 

For example the other day Jimmy was cutting up watermelon for dinner. As he was putting away the half we were not using she became overly emotion, thinking that her precious watermelon was being sentenced to an eternity beyond her reach. She cried, she went limp and basically could not be consoled. I had to remove her from the room just to get her stop carrying on. It was almost funny and I am sure I giggled a little bit when it happened. We decided to leave the watermelon as a dessert at the end of dinner. She consumed 5 pieces! That girl can eat I tell you.

I guess the best way to describe Lucy right now is dramatic. When she is happy is over the moon, when she is sad she is downright emotional. I am sure some of us can relate. 

But sure as she is dramatic she is also super cute. Thanks Grandma Schillemat (K) for this lovely dress that I could only partially get on camera. 


Here's hoping some the next pictures I post are of a new family member....

1 comment:

  1. "I" think Lucy is justing feeling some of your emotions. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete