Saturday, June 1, 2013

Happy memorial/birthday!

This year my birthday fell on Memorial day. It does that every so often. It is kind of fun.

On Saturday we celebrated Lucy's birthday in Boxborough, so on Monday we decided to go to Nelson to celebrate my birthday. All the Schillemats gathered at my aunt and uncle's house and we ate yummy food. It wasn't really a birthday celebration, more a Memorial day celebration but we brought cake and everyone sang a little tune for me. It was nice. Plus this cake was a angel food cake, which is my favorite. And, Jimmy made it by himself from scratch. He didn't think it was a success, but I beg to differ. I thought it was delicious!

Lucy had a fantastic time. She was the only little one around, apart from my cousin's 2-3 month old baby. She got a lot of attention, including personalized bouncing privileges on the trampoline. She was pretty tired by the end of the day.

In other news worthy events, I have now met all the midwives from the practice, so Coopito can come anytime. With Lucy I said the same thing and she came within a few days. I am not saying this is going to happen, but it really is nice that our little ones wait until we have everything in order before they make their appearances. It calms my nerves quite a bit. I must say, moving a month before your due date is MUCH better than moving 2 weeks before your due date.

And that is that. Here is a favorite picture of mine. It was taken on Monday at my parents. Lucy was frolicking, as she does so often and she asked that I put this flower in her hair. She is a very pretty girl, if I do say so myself.


1 comment:

  1. Glad you did get some attention for your birthday. Yes, Lucy is a very pretty little girl - fun to be around.

    ReplyDelete