Tuesday, May 20, 2014

May has arrived...yes, I know it is almost over!

So it is May. May is a busy month for us. We have mother's day, and two birthdays and it is extra busy this year because one of Jimmy's cousins is also getting married at the end of the month. It will be fun.

So we have made sure to make May even more busy by playing with a lot of our friends and being outside as much as humanly possible. Yes, I think spring (maybe even summer) are finally here!

So let's review one of the prior events to May, just so I am caught up a bit.

At the beginning of April Grandma Marie gave me a call and said that we should go out and get a bear from Build-a-bear for Lucy and Sam. Lucy is a fan of stuffed animals, and Sam likes to cuddle things so we happily obliged. We went to the Natick mall, which is HUGE by the way. We arrived a little early, but luckily snuck in right before the Girl scout troop. I didn't know you could make stuffed animals for Girl Scouts? Maybe it would have kept me interested longer if we had done that in my troop. I digress.

When you get inside basically you go in a line around the store. You pick a shell of a bear (or whatever animal) and then you stuff it, cloth it, and finally name it. Lucy, of course, picked some of the most crazy wild animals, but as we continued to move along the bins we all finally agreed on a monkey. She really like monkeys. Sam got a bear, per Jimmy's request. He likes bears.

Then we stuffed it, which involved giving it a heart (or two or three) and giving it "life." After we pick some clothes. Jimmy really wanted the Jedi suit for Sam's bear, and I thought it was cute, so we went with it. Lucy looked at all the princess stuff, then wanted a tutu, and finally decided on a Sophia the First outfit. She wanted to name her monkey, Sophia the First, but we decided on Sophia the Monkey, Sophie for short. Sam's bear was name Old Bear Kenobi.

We printed off their birth certificates and we were off. I took some cute picks of the kids with their stuffed animals. It was fun. We then went to Grandma and Grandpa Coop's for general conference. We all know how productive conference is with kids. Needless to say I am reading all the talks right now. I hardly remembered 2 or 3 from the actual weekend.





1 comment:

  1. Great picture and blog - thanks ever so much for sharing. Glad it was a success.

    ReplyDelete