Saturday, May 31, 2014

Sheesh, April was busy!

That's it! I need to make an effort to catch up a little bit. My posterity are counting on me...a guilt trip does wonders for my productivity.

So there is a lot to talk about.

Sam's sleeping habits. Well, let's just sum it up. Sam is a very finicky sleeper. Those ears infections just kind messed with his sleeping habits. When we first moved into our current home he was all over the place. He would wake up once, then three times, then once again. It was exhausting. I blame most of it on his teething, which is always easy to do. He currently has 5 teeth, two more on the way. Teething stinks, my friends!

That being said we are finally on a more consistent schedule. He goes to bed at 7 pm, then wakes up when he hears me move. That's right, as soon as I move out of my bed, he started growling from the other room. That is currently somewhere in the 5 am hour. So we deal with it.





Sidenote: Yes, he growls, because he is boy. If you knew Lucy when she was his age she talked like a high-pitched fairy. Sam sounds like a boy, through and through. 


Lucy's dancing and singing. Well Lucy really is quite the little mover. After the Disney world trip we learned that she had some pretty awesome moves, mostly due to her doing a potty dance for weeks on end. That is another story for another time.  And that is exactly how she describes them to us and other people. "Mom, look at my moves," she says. Let's just say there is an awful lot of hip movement going on. If I could upload a video, I would. But blogger is being silly and won't let me. Just picture a little prancing, hip waving girl. It is awesome to watch. Plus, since she has seen Frozen she now sings the ballad "Let it go!" It is her song. "Reindeer are better than people." is Jimmy's song, and "Summer," is my song. Lucy requires that we sing the duet when that comes on as well. She is funny like that.

On a related note, I signed Lucy up for dance classes through the rec department. The class is called Creative Dance, which I am sure will be perfect for such a free spirited dancer, such as Lucy. You better bet I will have my camera for those classes. It will be quite entertaining.

Gretchen and Chris' wedding extravaganza (and Lucy gets terribly sick!), and Easter, and talking in church, and... In the middle of April my youngest sister Gretchen got herself hitched to another mathy nerd Chris. It was a lovely affair. The wedding took place at the Temple in Boston in the late morning. Lucy and Sam went to play with their aunts and uncles while we were inside. Once we got outside, we realized it was freezing! Lucy had a coat on, but no tights. Thankfully she runs around like crazy, but I still think she was quite frozen by the end of the pictures. Sam was miserable. He only wanted to be held by me, and he also required being bundled in his blanket. There were a few times my aunt and uncle took him screaming so that I could be in the pictures. I am sure Brandon got some really classy pictures of Sam looking very unhappy.

Chris and Gretchen however, were super happy, as was very apparent from their grins.

 
Happy couple!
 

After the Temple we headed back to Nelson. Most of the decorating was already done. We had arrived in the Nelson the night before and helped a little. And by helped I mean we had our kids play with each other. That's right Ange, Roland, Liam and Landon were around too! We missed them so much it was great to have them around.

But back to the wedding day. We went back to Nelson, sat around for a bit and then went up to the reception which was being held at Apple Hill. Nice venue for sure. We ate pie. Yes, it was themed as pies for PI (nerdy math majors!). We enjoyed the sunset and then we went back to our house. We figured our drive to NY was closer from our house anyways.

 
Peder wanted to hold Sam so bad -- Sam wasn't having it!




Poul, Danielle and Liam.


This is the best picture we got of the cousin. They all like to move a lot!


Jojo, the baby whisperer!


Gretchen and Lucy!
 


Then next day we woke up, dressed in normal attire and headed over to a friend's house from church for an Easter egg hunt. It was a lot of fun. They had eggs for all the kids, and one of the moms with a child Sam's age even brought eggs filled with baby-type goodies. Everyone was happy, even though we were all tired.

After the egg hunt we drove directly to NY. In NY was when Lucy was starting to appear sick. But that did not stop her for getting her groove on right as we arrived. This reception had amazing latin food. Empenadas, plantains, rice and beans etc... I have quite a love affair with rice and beans. I am pretty sure I want that to be my last meal here on earth. I digress. The reception was quite lovely. We ate, we talked. It was a lot of fun. But, by the end Lucy was extremely sluggish and only wanted to be held. Thank goodness she let Ange hold her. Ange didn't have a her children with her. What a saint she is!

We drove back that night and all went to bed exhausted.

The next day was Easter. Jimmy and I were speaking in church, and I was giving a lesson in Relief society. Because we were speaking Jimmy's parents and grandma came down. It was just what we needed. Besides being a little tired, we couldn't have managed giving talks without them. Grandpa Coop took Sam and Lucy was thoroughly entertained by her grandmas. And the talks went well.

After the talks, we decided Lucy was too sick for nursery, so she Grandpa Coop, Sam and Jimmy went home. The grandmas stayed with me, for moral support. I gave my lesson and then we went home.

Because we had wanted to have a proper Easter, Jimmy prepared a leg of lamb in the crockpot. Karen brought some other goodies and we enjoyed a relaxed meal after church. Sadly, Lucy was so sick at this point that she didn't want to eat. Gasp! Lucy not eating is a big deal. We let he rest on the couch and finished dinner. Once everything was finished and everyone left, we breathed a little bit and went to bed. What a weekend!

Unfortunately, Lucy was sick most of the next week. We think it was just a virus, but it sure did wipe her out. Jimmy and Sam got it a little and I miraculously avoided it. That my friends is a miracle!

Okay, well that was a big chunk of stuff. Let me revise my list a little bit based on the biggest events.

Boston Marathon - marathon training
My new job
Sibling visitors
Lucy's birthday
Mother's day/my birthday

I also think there might be a random picture post coming up. I am sure you are just tingling with excitement...

1 comment:

  1. Loved ever word of your blog. I could just see Lucy dancing and Lucy sick and Sam getting teeth, etc. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete