Saturday, April 30, 2011

not my favorite

Today Jimmy and I moved out 20 or so boxes. And by moved I mean, I packed most of them and Jimmy did the heavy lifting into the car. We have a good friend who is keeping her apartment during the summer but not living there, so she letting us store our things. It is awfully nice of her.

Let me tell you a little about my thoughts on packing. I dislike like it very much. I usually feel like it will never end, and every time we pack a box, I feel like more things suddenly appear and need to be packed as well. Thankfully after two car loads of boxes, I see some progression, i.e. more space, in our apartment, meaning things are in fact getting packed and put away and not just magically multiplying. Let's just say packing is just not my favorite....

In other news, my classes for DSLCC are over, but I still have over a week left because of reading days and finals. Honestly, this semester has been quite pleasant in terms of students, just a little more uncomfortable physically. This coming week I am driving back and forth mostly
for office hours. I am only giving one final this week and the another the following Monday. Then we are outta' here. Well, after a few more days of packing and such...but really we are excited to get up to New England. Family, friends, and the place where we want Mini Coop to be born all await us.

Jimmy started his research on Thursday and will start the dreaded write-on on Monday. Needless to say, he will still be busy. Kind of cruel that Law School "ends," but not really.

But aside from the craziness of moving and finishing school related things, I am thoroughly enjoying the fact that it is beautiful outside. Spring has arrived in all its glory, green, pink and purple blossoms, and higher temperatures abound. I even enjoy the rain because I know it is bringing more life to this time of year.

Ahh...springtime is a good time of year.

1 comment:

  1. Your spring sounds great... not like I 8" of snow yesterday. Packing is not pleasant for anyone... things just seem to keep appearing. It will end when the last thing is in the box/car.

    ReplyDelete