Wednesday, July 6, 2011

blessing and beach

I have received a few e-mails notifying me that the comment function on my blog doesn't work. I am not sure why, but I will look into it. Sorry!

In other news, Lucy was blessed in church on Sunday. It was a nice event. Both sides of the family were present. Lucy apparently let a little scream during the blessing, but everyone collectively rocked her back to sleep. She was sporting a blessing dress from Grandma Schillemat and a blanket from Grandma Coop. I thought she looked very pretty.

She may not look happy, but she sure looks cute!

Dressed up with Daddy

The whole gang

Along those lines, I have given up on headbands for a while. They don't stay on her head. 30 minutes into church both her headband and shoes were gone. I gave up. She just isn't terribly aware at this point, and if something falls off while she is sleeping I don't feel that it worth waking her up just to make her look cute. Let's face it, she is cute without all the clothes. Maybe I am just one of those moms who isn't terribly concerned with designer baby clothes. I am pretty sure out of the 6 weeks she has been in this world most of the days she has been wearing a onsie. That is just how it goes I guess.


On Monday we went to the beach with some friends and my sister. We went early enough that we didn't hit the too much traffic and the beach was relatively empty until about 10am. Lucy was not really old enough to enjoy the sand, water or sun, but it was good to get out. She ate when we got there and was a little fussy until she fell asleep and enjoyed the ocean from my arms. Jimmy had a good time digging in the sand and playing with his friend Davis. You can tell they have been friends for a while.

Lucy and Mommy

Dad is definitely a kid at heart

Aunt Jo and Lucy -- the beach bums!

Daddy playing in the sand with Davis

Family picture at Salisbury beach

It is so much easier to update this blog when I have pictures of a cute baby...just sayin'....

No comments:

Post a Comment