Wednesday, July 27, 2011

She's growing

Today Lucy had her 2 months appointment. I will be honest, I was a little nervous. Today's appointment included her getting a few shots. I was not sure how she was going to act. At her 1 month appointment she got one shot and it was pretty traumatic. Today she got two...

And she did awesome. Yes, she cried, like any self-respecting baby would. Who likes being stabbed in the thigh? Not me, that's for sure. But as soon as we picked her up and soothed her with hugs, and Jimmy's pinky, she was okay. In fact she feel asleep pretty much as soon as she got in her car seat. She is adorable when she is sleeping. Heck, she is pretty darn cute even when she is crying.

Besides the shots she was measured and weighed. Lucy now weighs 11 lbs 7 oz and is a whopping 23 inches. Just the right size for us!

You might wonder what else is going on in our lives. I only write about Lucy these days, and with reason. She is the most exciting person in our family, and most certainly the cutest (sorry hun!).

We are just under a month away from moving back to Lexington. I am excited. This summer has been awesome. The Coopriders have done more than I could have asked to make this transition into parenthood possible. But soon, very soon, we are going to be Lexington where we will have to figure out how to take care of a little one without the grandparents nearby. It will be good to get into a routine. It will be exciting to introduce Lucy to those Virginian mountains. It will be fun to explore the area as a little family. We will have a reason to go to all those silly places in Natural Bridge (i.e. Safari Park, Dinosaur museum, Formhenge...).

I told Jimmy today that I felt like I have lived several different lives, that don't always seem connected. There was my life in Munsonville, NH that lasted through high school. Then my Clarkson life. Then my mission life. Then my Graduate school (before Jimmy) life. Then my married (without Lucy) life. Now we have started our family life.

Jimmy agreed, although I am sure he is ready to be done with his Law School life. Good thing it is at the same time as our family life. I am pretty sure that is the only way he is still sane.

No comments:

Post a Comment