Monday, January 9, 2012

2012

It feels pretty good to look back on my goals from the past year and find that I actually accomplished some of them.

The problem is now I must make a few more goals. I wouldn't want 2012 to be an unproductive year.

Just to recap last years goals (in no particular order):

Try 30 new recipes--check! And I kept a record which is now on my windows account which will not boot currently...total bummer, but totally unforeseen.

Go to the Temple once a month--Check! With the exception of May (moving and birthing a baby) we did go to a Temple every month.

Read Scriptures with intent--checkish...I think I still need to figure out a better way to study the scriptures by myself.

Establish a routine--checkish...do you know how hard it is to have a routine with a teething baby? I didn't.

Using my sewing machine--Checkity check, check! I am the most proud of this goal. I really tried hard to use my sewing machine with intention and purpose. I made 12 cloth diapers, some Christmas presents and clothes. And more I feel like I am getting better at it.

Set a family  budget--check! We have made quite a few revisions as the year has gone on, but I feel like we are getting better. We are surviving, although medical bills are always looming. I feel very blessed.

Eat healthy multicolored meals--checkish. I feel like the holidays set me back a little bit, but in general I feel like we have done fairly well. I have taken on the goal of cooking almost everything from scratch including pasta, hummus, soup stock, etc...I feel like we are taking on a more holistic cooking approach. We use ingredients in their most basic form, therefore we know exactly what is going into our food. I can't wait to have my own garden!

Blog 2 times a week--checkish. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. But my intention with this goal was to keep a record similar to a journal. My blog is now more of a baby update page. Can you blame me? Lucy's face is ridiculously adorable!

Run a half marathon--fail! To be honest I don't feel terrible about this. I AM going to do one this year.  Again I didn't realize how hard this would be after giving birth. I am running right now, but it is without much purpose. In the next day or two I am going to choose a half marathon and training schedule. This leads into this years goals.

  1. Learn and practice sign language with Lucy
  2. Run a half marathon within the first 6 months of the year
  3. Continue monthly Temple attendance
  4. Study the scriptures with the intention of understanding the stories (so I can explain them to Lucy)
  5. Make a baby quilt for Lucy (a really pretty one!)
  6. Go camping/hiking several times this year (I want to enjoy the AT!)
  7. Have a date night at least 1 a month
  8. Try 12 new foods (1 each month) 
  9. Make family dinners important and routine
  10. Blog frequently--and try to tell stories about the day. 
I feel pretty good about this list, and somewhat intimidated.  Good thing I have these two to help me out!



In other news, this years marks ten years since I graduated from high school. That must make me old right?!

3 comments:

  1. No! You are not old - just the beginning of a beautiful and long journey. I wish I had set goals and carried them out at your young age. Very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jimmy mentioned your computer problems. If you guys want me to help I probably can some night. Just let me know. My guess is we can get things working relatively easily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I just did a system restore from the hard drive and everything works fine, but it wouldn't let me back up any of my files. So it is what it is. When you do a system restore does it eliminate all partitions?

    ReplyDelete