Friday, January 20, 2012

Fear

I thought that we still had a little time. But my worst fear (as of now) has come to pass. Today I walked into Lucy's room because she was making a lot of noise when she was supposed to be taking a nap and what did I see, but a little girl standing, overlooking the side of he crib. I wasn't sure if I should have laughed or cried.

I grabbed her quickly and wrapped her up in a blanket and laid her down again. She plopped her thumb in her mouth and decided she was now going to take a nap. Literally did not make another sound, and is now sleeping.

As I think about it, I am convinced as she was standing in her crib she was thinking "mom, I got myself out of my blankets. Could you come back in here and wrap me up again?!" Funny little girl. Since this week we are helping her learn to sleep more continuously through the night, I think we will wait to teach her how to cover herself in blankets. My oh my she is growing so fast.

On another note, still related to Lucy, we have decided our house is NOT baby proofed. Lucy has tested out our new living room setup and she is just too capable and curious. She stands up on EVERYTHING! We have already moved all the magazines we had out, and currently we have boxes blocking some lower shelves. It is something we need to fix ASAP. Thankfully we may still have maybe a day or two before she starts moving from room to room.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like to me that you have a fearless daughter--- good luck! Love the picture.

    ReplyDelete