Saturday, January 28, 2012

sickness slows me down...

Well, I think it is time for some new pictures. So here we go. This all might be a little disjointed, but an update nonetheless. 

We do in fact have a very mobile baby these days. I think Jimmy decided it would be easier for Lucy if all her toys were in one place, and it would also slow her down a bit if they were all attached to her. So he  made her this "utility belt." A good solid amount of her toys were attached, and she wore it for at least 5 minutes. Impressed? I think so...


I have realized that things like blenders, the food processor and the vacuum are very amusing to Lucy. In fact it is often a way to get her to stop yelling, if that is the mood she is in. I am not sure if this was the case when I turned on the vacuum this day, but she was definitely amused and very curious. She climbed right up next to it and found that toward the back end a large stream of air shoots out. It is not easy to see in this picture, but it was pretty hilarious to watch. Her wispy hair danced in the breeze and she loved it! I have a video as well, but videos aren't uploading well. I will try to get it up sooner or later.


On Thursdays I take Lucy for a run on the Chessie trail. It is flat and easy to do with a stroller. Yes, I am a wimp. Regardless, as I am putting the stroller back in the car I set her on the ground to watch. I took these treasures the other day. Lucy always seems so big when I am holding her, but in these pictures she seems so small. And gosh I love her purple fleece, even though it is still too big!



And lastly, and this is the most current picture, Lucy is sick. Runny nose, nasty cough, the works. She is trying to be happy, as seen in this picture, but she is so terribly exhausted. Today she would pant and wheeze every time she would try to get up to standing. You could tell she had to work so much harder to get where she wanted to go. We are hoping for a quick recovery so we can have our energetic happy Lucy back. Either way, sick or healthy, she is still ridiculously cute.



1 comment: