Saturday, January 14, 2012

Today is Saturday

Today we suited up in preparation for a hike. It is one of my goals to do more hiking because: A)there are a lot of places to hike around here, B)it is a good Saturday activity, and C)it is good for the body and mind. 


We chose a hike very close by. It ended at the saddle between two small mountains. I drive by them every time I drive to Clifton Forge.


Lucy did well, until we turned around and then she realized that she was kind of chilly. I felt bad for her feet and hands. Although they were both covered they still were not warm. But seriously isn't she awesome?!


And we managed a nice family picture at the "top." Lucy was glad to have some time out of her carrier. It wasn't terribly picturesque, but it was open and clear.


Here is proof that we got to the top.


In other news, Lucy is actually crawling now. She doesn't crawl very efficiently, but it is forward motion on her hands and knees. I thought she would skip crawling and continue rolling around the room and pulling herself up right up to the point that she would start walking. But apparently she wanted to do a little crawling too. Just give her a week and she will be cruising around like she owns the place...


In my last post I said that I had picked a half marathon, and I did pick it, but I hadn't officially signed up. Today I paid the money to run 13.1 miles. I feel good, in sense that I am committed and scared, because I haven't run a half marathon in 5-6 years. Here we go....

1 comment:

  1. It is nice to be committed and just not thinking about it. Nice hike - great pictures. We gave our five minutes talks in Sacrament meeting - went well.

    ReplyDelete