Monday, April 15, 2013

Planting flowers

Yes, we are leaving in less than a month. But that doesn't mean we can't leave our apartment a little bit nicer than when we came. Today we planted flowers as a family, and even though Lucy drove us nuts the entire time, throwing dirt at us and on herself, it was a worthwhile activity. Plus, it gave us time outside.



And, let's all give a little time of thought to those affected by the Boston tragedy. I suppose I should be somber about every tragedy, and I am, in my own way. But this one cut me a little deeper. Maybe it is because it is closer to home (literally) and maybe it is because it happened during an event that I consider part of me. Though I have not run the Boston Marathon, I have many friends who have, and it is on my list of marathons. Actually it is a life long goal I wish to eventually pursue. It makes me very sad that someone would attack people in a time of personal triumph. I hope and pray that everyone is okay. And for those who have lost, lost lives, physical capabilities and even just a little bit of peace, I hope that you can be comforted.

1 comment:

  1. I agree .. Why someone would do this is beyond me. Looks like good dirt to plant some flowers.

    ReplyDelete