Sunday, May 19, 2013

gang's all here

So here we are in the little town of Boxborough starting a new beginning. Or perhaps we should say, transitioning into a new transition and phase of life. We made the 11 hour drive in two days because we weren't sure of Lucy's desire to travel that far, and needless to say being pregnant as much as I am also doesn't lend itself to long trips.

Regardless, we arrived on Tuesday a little after lunchtime. And it has been very nice. Our family is so gracious to us as we go through this very crazy little time of life. Jimmy has begun studying, but the hardcore stuff starts tomorrow. I have started to prepare a little more seriously for Coopito. I actually bought some clothes using some of the gift cards we received from friends.

I also met with the midwife practice that will help with the labor and delivery of Coopito. They seem very nice and a little bit more my style when it comes to delivery. Don't get me wrong, Lucy's delivery wasn't anything traumatic, but I didn't feel super connected to the doctors because I didn't really see them much before or during the labor and deliver. I wanted something a little more personal, so I was directed by my sister-in-law (thank you Heather!) to look in NH. Let's face it, NH is pretty cool, so it wasn't a stretch for me to look around the NH boarder a bit for a practice of midwives that might fit my needs a little better. I am also a big fan of a smaller hospital/birth centers. It seems like a win-win.

Now the waiting game begins. I am feeling pretty big, but not super uncomfortable. Jimmy's guess for Coopito's arrival is June 18th. I am trying not to think about it too much. When he comes he comes. All I know is he is really active and my belly looks like he is trying break out.

Lucy is in HEAVEN! She has grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins to love her. The other day we were visiting with her three Cooprider cousins and she was delighted to say the least. And even better, it totally wore her out. She slept in to 7am. It was awesome. I envision more play dates in the future.

And that is life of this Cooprider family. Stay tuned for some birthday pictures. Lucy turns 2 next week. Yikes! And then I turn 29. Double yikes!


No comments:

Post a Comment