Saturday, May 25, 2013

Birthday party celebration

Just for those who couldn't make it, here is the cake I made. By the way we missed you.

I am NOT a cake decorator, and I am not offended if you do not know what I was going for. I will tell you. It is a Winnie the pooh cake with little bumblebee cupcakes. I liked the cupcakes better than the Winnie the pooh. Mostly because they were simple and seem to appear more like what I actually intended them be. Let's not talk about the writing on the bottom of the Pooh cake. It just didn't fare very well. But you can read Lucy and that is all that is important. But those bumblebees....Who knew you could cut up jelly beans and use almond slices as wings. I was pretty pumped that I didn't have to use an fondant. To me, that stuff tastes gross. If you like the taste, to each his own, I am just not a fan. Lucy didn't really care. She just wanted to eat it.

She also enjoyed having her cousins to play with her. It really was a fantastic birthday party. And she gave some very memorable hugs after she opened each present. She pats people's backs when she hugs. We like her.





She is in bed now, singing happy birthday to herself. I would say she had a good time too!

3 comments:

  1. Isaac pats when he hugs too! I can't believe she's 2 and Isaac will be next month! And you'll have another baby by then. Hope things go well these next few weeks! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birthday Signs Looking to save money and have some fun yourself ? We are the only birthday lawn signs company that offers a DIY ( do it yourself) option ! Our custom pick up service starts at $50  for a 3 day rental. This includes: lawn critters and A frame with standard message!

    ReplyDelete