Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Colloquium

It is the middle of the week and towards the end of the school day and I am sitting in colloquium. This is the time when I normally do my other homework, and lifelessly search other information that has nothing to do with the topic being introduced. But today, Dr. Migenes is speaking, and he is entertaining. Let me describe his public speaking techniques. Normally it involves a little dancing and lots of very sarcastic jokes about how astronomers are ridiculous. It is very fun to watch. Plus, I know what he is talking about because it relates to my research. And...he even highlighted me as one of his students. I'M FAMOUS!! Well, kind of. Being popular in the physics department normally doesn't put you at the top of the social pyramid, but oh well. I am happy!

1 comment:

  1. I think being mentioned by your prof is special. Life is good.

    ReplyDelete