Saturday, October 17, 2009

In style

I thought it was time to write another post, mostly because I have some pictures I want to show you all.

I will explain and then you will see the picture. Jimmy and I go on dates every week, much like we go to the Temple every Saturday. If anyone wants to join us, let me know. We would love the company. But back to the story. We decided that this last week we were going out to eat and then go on a little river cruise down the Provo river. After eating an enormous amount of food at Applebees, we decided because it wasn't dark enough, and because we were overly stuffed, that we should go into TJ-Maxx's and look around. It is always hit or miss...maybe tonight was our lucky night. Jimmy found a very trendy hat, and I bought a sweater. The sweater is not really noteworthy, however this hat is quite fantastic. Sad story, Jimmy already lost it. Or maybe someone stole it, it was just that awesome.

Just in case you wanted to know the cruise was fun. It was 30 minutes on the Provo river, with guys acting like pirates telling really silly pirate jokes. Ask me, and I can tell you are really good one ;)

Besides my hat story, I wanted to include a picture or two of Alice and Ada trying on my clothes. I felt like I was in style when I saw Alice tromping around in my jean jacket for a few hours. Oh, and by the way, I got it from TJ-Maxx's.
Oh, and I have some bowling pictures....wow this is slightly random, but I wanted to show my family that I am keeping up on my bowling skills. Goodness gracious, I need to be a little less all over the place. Yes, this bowling was another date night.

Next week Jimmy and I are presenting at conferences. I am going to Colorado to present at a physics conference. Jimmy is presenting at UVU. This isn't even his main research. He works for a graduate student making phone calls. My research is the same, OH Megamasers in Extragalactic mergers. I have to give a 10 minute presentation. Jimmy timed me today and I am under, which is good considering the nerves that will kick in the day I actually give the presentation. And that is what is in our future...plus some tests, and papers, and school...but who really cares about that stuff anyways?! ;)

2 comments:

  1. What's better than a picture of Alice picking her nose?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine anything better! I think this picture is fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete