Friday, October 30, 2009

Pumpkin - more than meets the eye!


What do you think of my trendy new blog? We will see how long I keep it this way.

But onto something more exciting. Tomorrow is Halloween, so Jimmy and I prepared ourselves by getting costumes, and carving a pumpkin. I am usually not a big costume person, but in the past I have dressed up as an angel, Richard Simmons, and probably once in my life a ghost, just because it is easy to throw a sheet over my head. This year we took the easy route of cowboy/girl. Jimmy already had the boots and button up shirt. I however, was lacking. We went to Deseret Industries (like a salvation army back east), and I bought a ugly button up shirt, a jacket, and some particularly high shoes that look something like cowgirl boots. I wore this ensemble with jeans today. Tomorrow I may flex my Halloween spirit to a brown skirt. I promise to post some pictures when I get them tomorrow. Most people on campus didn't know I was dressed up, so it is not worth posting pictures of today's attire.

However I do want to show you all some pictures of our pumpkin carving skills. Jimmy took on the front of the pumpkin, carving a nice logo from Transformers. And I coped out with some stars in a fairly uneven pattern. They are to let some more light out. Plus it is artistically pleasing...or so I think.
Transformers - More than meets the eye!

Tomorrow we are slated to go to the Temple. go running, do homework, clean the apartment, hand out candy (I bought chocolate and fruit flavored candy for variety's sake) and then go to possibly a few Halloween parties. Gosh, this is a fun-filled weekend.

3 comments:

  1. I wish we were still in Provo. We have some cowboy girl and boy hats you guys could borrow. Have a happy halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liked the pumpkin and am looking forward to pictures. Cowboy/girl is a safe way to go. Allie is a pumpkin, Laura is "Dustin" and vice versa. No news from Kent and Megan, Justin or Joe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Richard Simmons was the best costume ever!

    ReplyDelete