Thursday, September 1, 2011

Our digs


I finally got around to taking a few picture of our apartment. Then I realized, maybe I shouldn't put the entire thing on our blog, because it is in fact public. Some crazy might want to take it from us... Anyways I will include a few pictures so that I can talk about why I so deeply and lovingly adore this apartment. 

The above picture really says it all. We have a screened in porch with a very functional porch swing. Jimmy put up some white Christmas light, and voila! Something this is nice night and day. It might be one of the most frequently used rooms because it is also one of Lucy's favorite places to be. She loves sitting on the porch swing. It is especially useful right around naptime!


We also have a very nice kitchen/dining area. This picture shows more of the dining part, but honestly who doesn't love them a bay window type of thing?! I think it is very quaint. Unfortunately our internet does not make it all the way to this end of the apartment, so we currently do all our computer work in our room. Blek! That is in the process of being fixed. Both Jimmy and I agree this is a much better space for homework/teaching prep.  More sunshine, more ability to distract oneself with the pleasant backyard view.


Our living room is well, similar to what it looked like before with the exception of the magnificent wooden floors. I L-O-V-E them! It is such an upgrade from our cement (covered with a million rugs) floors. I can't wait to get some furniture that looks more like we are grown-ups. We still look like poor college students--Oh wait! We are...

We have all the other great things like a bathroom (with a TUB--that would have been fabulous while I was a giant pregnant mess!) a bedroom for Lucy with two gigantic storage closets, a washer and dryer, and a bedroom for us.

But I will be honest, even though I am thrilled to have a much nicer place, for a still somewhat decent price, it all doesn't compare to the cutest of this little one. She is what makes this place awesome! I can almost overlook her ridiculously short 20-minute naps....


No comments:

Post a Comment