Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Female Mini Coop


I think my favorite quote today was when Jimmy told me he wanted to come home to spend time with his "two favorite girls!" It made me all giddy to think that in just a few short months I will be holding a newborn that is my own.

We did indeed find out that we are going to be having a girl. I went to the doctor's this morning, not assuming a gender. I really did want to think that I would be let down if it wasn't what I thought it was. So I let everyone else guess, but me, I just let it be exciting no matter what. And it was, and it is, and it will be!

Do you know just how fascinating it is to see an image of a little baby moving around in your stomach? I could hardly believe that all of the legs and arm movement that our little girl was doing, was happening inside of me. Jimmy couldn't go, but I got a DVD of the entire ultrasound. I have now watched it 2.5 times. I am sure even 20 times won't be enough times for me to believe the miracle that is pregnancy.


So now onto the next phase of pregnancy, the preparation period. I promise I am starting to show now, however I am little bashful about the idea of posting a picture of my belly. Perhaps when I am a little bigger and look more pregnant than overweight.

I have now told all of my classes. I figured it was appropriate, seeing as how I will be growing quite steadily this entire semester. I didn't want rumors to accumulate, and force some poor soul the responsibility of asking me if I am pregnant later on. No one wants to ask that question. It is awkward. Thank goodness, if it did ever come to that, I could say "yes, student with great courage, I am pregnant. This is not a donut gut you see, it is 100% err....80% baby." It would be a lie to say that I haven't been overeating a little bit (i.e. 3 week Christmas-New Years-eat whatever I want binge!)

Cross-legged chica!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing... Jimmy said it right! Two beautiful women in his life from now on.

    ReplyDelete