Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Funny things

There are just a few things these last few days that have made me inwardly chuckle.

First, look at this weather.


Would you cancel school on a day like this? Probably not. I have started being able to predict when they are going to cancel school. If the weather predicts more than an inch, and there is a possibility of a rain/snow mix sure fire cancellation. Today it has made me chuckle. I have one night class, but at least with this night class I have a little flexibility. For the record it is raining a little bit right now. Hooray for being able to sit at home most of the day.

Second, if I am going to sit around a home, my favorite room is our bedroom, and not because it has the bed and I want to sleep in it all day. It is because A) it can be warmed quite thoroughly and B) it actually has a little natural light. Our living room is in the corner of our apartment and if I am stuck inside, gets to be a little depressing. Today I did pilates, watched a show or two on hulu, and even finished off the leftover eggplant lasagna in our bedroom. I am now typing this post, in our bedroom.

Third, the little space heater we bought is good practice for having a child. It goes with me everywhere. It is my favorite little buddy and I am often trying to sit so close that it is almost like hugging it. Jimmy even tried to bring it to bed last night. We might have a slightly unhealthy obsession with this little heater. Until this obsession transfers over to Mini Coop, I think I am quite happy being warm.

So today I am inwardly chuckling at myself and the world around me.

1 comment:

  1. Wonder if the rain turned into snow... looks like your family in the Boston area are getting plenty of snow.. i.e. Nathan's blog.

    ReplyDelete