Wednesday, March 30, 2011

8ish months

It must mean that I am getting close, because my doctor started mentioning how giving birth now would still be safe. Of course he advocated waiting until closer to the due date (did you hear that Mini Coop?!), but the fact that he was talking about giving birth makes me think that I am getting pretty close.

There are a few things that have marked a new period of pregnancy. I can't complain too much, I still feel very good, just a little more tired than usual.

First, I have hit the stage where if I am standing up and looking down at my feet, I cannot see them. They are no longer in view. That must mean I am getting pretty big.

Second, we have a carseat. It is currently installed in our car because we wanted to try it out, and honestly we don't have that much room in our apartment.

Third, I eat continuously. It's like this baby is gobbling up all of the food before my body gets to use any of it.

Fourth, sleep will be forever elusive in the extended sense. I can't complain. I sleep at night, but I haven't slept for the entire night. I guess, as I have heard many times before, it is a good preparation for motherhood.



I took both of these pictures on the same day. I look remarkably bigger without the fleece on.

2 comments:

  1. I got really tired of people telling me to "enjoy sleep now" when I wasn't getting any. Thankfully, Joseph would get up about every 3 hours (rather than 2) at night as a newborn, and without being pregnant, the quality of sleep greatly improves! I was more rested once he was born, even though I was waking up more. And he still wakes up 1-2 times a night now, but I'm used to it and don't usually care.

    ReplyDelete