Thursday, March 3, 2011

Happy Birthday


To Jimmy!

Today my husband is 26. Yes, I had to remind him of his new age this morning.

If you know anything about Jimmy that means we are eating bbq ribs tonight for dinner. Gosh he loves ribs. And I love him.

Today he is sporting one of his Life is Good shirts (thanks Cooprider parents!) and trying to figure out how he is going to use his banjo ukulele. Yes, that is what I got him. He is always talking about how he wants to learn to play the banjo (This is one of his favorite songs: Banjo Boy - Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband) . I figured we would start small scale, so I bought him a banjo-shaped ukulele. No this isn't a dollar store ukulele, it is actually well reviewed on amazon. I just couldn't afford a fancy banjo this time. Once he is a ukulele master I think we will upgrade.

He had no clue, and let's face it, who would? What kind of wife buys her husband a ukulele? I do. And maybe it is silly, and maybe a little childish, but remember I am making him ribs. I am sure that makes up for my ridiculous present giving skills!

Happy birthday Jimmy dear!

1 comment:

  1. Ryan Shupe's sister was in our ward for a while and he and the group came and played at a couple of ward socials. Good present, Kirstin. We wll need a little fun in our lives. Thank Jimmy for me... he called me.

    ReplyDelete