Saturday, March 26, 2011

Pasta making!

I tried for the first time, making pasta. It something I have always wanted to try. My Grandpa Schillemat used to make it a lot, and just this last Christmas he made it as an addition to our Grinder night. It inspired me to try it for myself.

So yesterday Jimmy and I were planning meals for the week (yes, we were a little behind) and I thought it would be fun to make some pasta and fill it with some left over ricotta cheese.

Today, I looked up a simple recipe for whole wheat pasta, and ricotta-spinach filling. Pasta is ultimately pretty easy, but making sure it is thin is hard. I don't have a pasta roller, nor do I plan to invest in one anytime soon. It is turned out pretty well. Again, a little bit thick, but edible.

It is always nice to make a meal from start to finish.

In other news, we looked at car seats about a week ago, and had to ordered one because they didn't have the color we wanted in the store. To get a discount, it was ordered and shipped to the store. It is now in the store and waiting for us. It makes me giddy really, knowing that our little baby girl will have a transportation vessel when we take her home from the hospital.

I also began putting together a hospital bag. Yes, I know it might be a little bit early. However in the next month or so, Jimmy and I will be packing/moving and I wanted to make sure that we didn't forget about making sure we were ready to go the hospital. By the way, I will be 32 weeks (8 months) pregnant on Monday. Times flies...

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your bracket.. For some reason I am surprised you are 8 months .. time does fly. Wish you lived closer, I have a dough machine... it cuts different size spaghetti too. It is heavy.

    ReplyDelete