Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Driving....

There are several things I notice as I drive back and forth from Lexington to Clifton Forge. I notice large mountains, almost full moons (Waxing Gibbous -- in case you were wondering), an airport that has a grass runway, trucks, trucks and more trucks, valleys, leaves changing colors, and my own inability to take it all in. I have become quite fond of these excursions every day. I am not however, excited about the looming cold/winter weather that may taint the peacefulness of driving on an almost deserted interstate.

In other news, Jimmy is in his 3rd week of school. He turned in his first graded paper on Monday and has contributed in several class discussions. We met the married and family oriented people in the Law School when we went to a BBQ last Saturday. It was nice to know that other people had spouses and let's be honest, a life outside of law school.

My classes are going well. Most of my students are doing well, and those who are not are coming to me for help. I feel all sorts of responsible. Things are jolly, joyful, and exciting even though we can't go on many outdoor adventures. And let me announce it plain and clear--we finally have a couch.!Okay, so it is still at the store. But we bought it, and we have made space for it to rest and enrich our lives.

Okay, onward. I teach in a half and hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment