Sunday, September 5, 2010

A peak....

I have talked a little bit about our apartment, maybe only in passing, but I thought it would be appropriate to add a few pictures to the blog about our current apartment design.

Below is a picture of our bedroom. We have windows, a closet, and just recently we add some clothes space. It is nice, albeit kind of plain. We can work on that.

Then there is our kitchen, by far the nicest part of our apartment. The appliances are new (frig, microwave, oven, etc...) The counter space is lacking, but I will explain our solution in the next picture. Kitchen aid and spice rack in place, I am in heaven!

The lack-o-cabinet fix. We had these squarish storage in our old apartment. It seemed fitting for our kitchen. Next to it is our rolling dish drainer. I was a little baffled when I saw that next to the sink was the oven. Where does one put the drying dishes? So we bought this rolling cart and put the dish drainer on top. When we are doing dishes we roll it over, put the wet dishes in the drainer and off they go. In the drawers we put some of our plasticware. It is a good solution for now. Very crafty of us, if I do say so myself.

Our living room is currently bookcase and camper chair infested. I like the space because it is probably the biggest room we have. All we need now is a couch. We plan to get a futon again. It is easy to put together, relatively inexpensive, AND conducive to visitors. By the way the ottoman is great for our games.

And this beauty, is the newest addition to our apartment. Our rentor upstairs said that she had a rocking chair when we first moved in. We told her we would think about it, we were still organizing. Well today we dropped off the extra microwave and took the rocking chair. It is perfect. I am now mandating that all our apartments must be furnished with a rocking chair. I like them that much.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice place. Mom and Dad were impressed with the area. How long is law school? Three years? Sometime (>2 years in the future) I want to visit Civil War sites. Maybe when Jimmy graduates?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Law school lasts 3 years. We do like the space, and yes you all should come down to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like the apartment... you have done a great job and used your imagination to the fullest. Yes, rocking chairs are a must.

    ReplyDelete