Tuesday, September 28, 2010

What to do....

Tuesday is a very long day for me and Jimmy. I teach a class at 8am and then another class at 6pm. I am in Clifton Forge for over 12 hours because I really don't think it makes sense to drive back and forth twice in one day. Sure I can run some errands, there are some stores down the road. And sure I can work on preparing for my classes, but one can only do so much. It ends up being a very long day, and I get home excited and ready for bed.

Because of this dilemna I have decided that I need to invent a few items that would facilitate to a day like this. First, teleportation. Star Trek is not a dead show. I want a teleportation device that would "beam" me home and "beam" back at needed times. I could even "beam" myself straight into my bed. Now wouldn't that be wonderful?! Jimmy said that because I studied physics and even more astronomy that I should invent this device. But then he realized if I invented it, we would probably make enough money that we wouldn't even need to leave our house hence not use our teleportation device. So I am leaving that design up to the smart people that don't have anything else better to do, and need the money.

Secondly, I would like to invent a bed in a bag. Sometimes, all I really want to do is take a nap. I have an entire afternoon, and a power nap would really help me re-focus and continue. Said bed would be small enough to fit in a small bag (you are thinking sleeping bad aren't you?), and would have a built in mattress system. It would be waterproof for outdoor lounging, and invisible. Once I placed my tired body upon its comfortable area I would disappear. I could put this bed anywhere and not be distrubed by onlookers, confused by my desire to sleep in the middle of the lawn or under a neighboring tree. It would also be sound proof. Nobody wants to hear a person snore. And let's face it, it would be more like a tent with a built in bed.

The pieces are still coming together. I don't think I am ready for a patent.

As you can see, I am a little bored.

3 comments:

  1. How about an air mattress ... there is a long time between classes... I will try to think of a solution... but I think you have already put a lot of thought into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camouflage Sleeping Bag Cover Waterproof. The problem with invisible is that people could still step on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might try a Hennessey Hammock (recommended to us by Steve Sears). You wouldn't get stepped on in one of these! But they're not exactly invisible, either...

    ReplyDelete